MultiSearch is a new concept where you can conduct multiple searches at the same time. “But why would I want to do that?” you might ask. Well, here are a few good reasons:
- No need for multiple tabs! Search the “Top 8 sites about your favorite topic” all at once! Disagree with the list? Make your own! (coming soon)
- Serendipity: Yes, that unexpected but welcome surprise where something appears in the corner of your eye and makes for an even better result than the one you were expecting. It’s like walking through a library or a department store, rather than walking through a carnival where everyone is shouting at you and following you around. The discoveries are yours.
- Control: “But I like having my search engine guess what I want!” Well, you can still have that, MulitSearch offers a frame with standard search results gathered from Google, Yahoo and Bing. And, you can add custom search frames for any site or group of sites on the internet. (coming soon)
- Comparison: When you do more than one search at a time, you can see the differences and maybe even biases that certain sites have. Think about the possibilities for politics and even shopping!
- Fewer Searches: Simple search thinks it already knows what you want, and sometimes it does, but the industry average is actually 5 searches before you get what you want. Imagine using a Find Engine set up by an expert where you will be much more likely to get useful results the first time.
- Help from People You Know and Trust: Need help finding the best sites for a particular topic, ask a friend. Do you have a great Find Engine for your favorite topic? For Your Students? For Your clients? Share it with them now. (coming soon)
Update: We will be launching a new look and feel along with new functionality soon. Go to find.com to watch the video.